Discovering The "Missing Piece"


Written by Raymond Salas


The Secret is Out

With the phenomenal success of "The Secret" in 2006, it is safe to conclude that “The Secret” is…well, no longer a secret. Creating your reality and deliberate, conscious creation of your desires has gone prime time (thank you Larry King) and mainstream (thank you Oprah).

After watching "The Secret" and/or learning about the Law of Attraction, most people began practicing daily a form or variation which usually goes something like this:
  • Write down what you want.
  • Visualize what you want (mental pictures, dream boards, dream books, etc.).
  • Feel the feelings of what you want “as if” it is all happening right now.
  • Focus as much as possible on what you want throughout your day, ignoring what you don’t want.
  • Be grateful.
  • Repeat.
All of these activities are each very powerful processes for manifesting your desires and creating your reality. However, I wonder:

Could anything be missing here?

More specifically, is there a “missing piece” to this creative process of manifesting your desires and creating your reality?

Furthermore, does this “missing piece” hold the key to success when applying the principles from "The Secret" and the Law of Attraction?

My answer is “Yes.”



Discovering the “Missing Piece”


For myself, I know that I have been fairly disciplined about applying the tools (listed above) daily to help create my life and its experiences. However, it always felt like something was missing…until I remembered the power of surrender.


This was a huge breakthrough for me because I had become very good at letting the Universe know what I wanted for my life, but I kept forgetting to let go and allow the Universe to deliver it to me. It was like there was a part of me (ego) that was still trying to control the manifestation process that was not mine (or ours) to control in the first place.


I had forgotten that only the Universe is 100% responsible for delivering my desires, not me. 


After deciding “what” I want, I must remember to let go and surrender my desires to the Universe, and allow them to be delivered to me.


Finally, I had discovered the “missing piece” to manifesting my desires.


The manifestation process is just like ordering at a restaurant. After looking at the menu and deciding what I want, I place my order. After my order is made, I let go and allow it to be brought to me, whenever it is ready. I would never go into the kitchen and look over the shoulders of the chefs to check to see how my meal is cooking. Instead, I know and trust that when it is ready (as I have asked for it); it will be brought to me.


Here are some tools that have helped me to let go and allow the Universe to do Its “thing”:



The Ultimate Daily Planner


Whenever I begin to feel stressed or overwhelmed in any way, especially with too many things to do, I call on the power of the Universe, with all of Its unlimited resources, by turning to the “placemat process” by Abraham-Hicks.


In my article “The Ultimate Daily Planner,” I came up with a variation of this process as follows:
  1. I begin by writing “Things I Would Like The Universe to Manage and Take Care of” at the top of a blank piece of paper.
  2. Next, I list all of the pressing things on my mind and in my thoughts in that moment, including goals, desires, and intentions; tasks, “to-do” items, work, and other projects; health, relationships, and finances; fears, doubts, worries, and other challenges.
  3. After completing my list, I let it go. I let the Universe manage it from this point on. I make the commitment to only take action if it is inspired and feels good. If it doesn’t, I do nothing.

Abraham-Hicks suggest using this type of process whenever:
  • You feel you have too much to do.
  • You want more time to do more things that bring you pleasure.


The benefits of the “Ultimate Daily Planner” are that it allows you to:
  • Use your Universal Manager more effectively.
  • Create your own reality more through the flowing of Universal Energy.
  • Create your own reality less through the offering of your own action.


To learn more about “The Ultimate Daily Planner,” you can read about it here.


“Universe, You manage this.”

Whenever I am stating, writing, or expressing my desires, intentions, and things that I want to experience, I always try to add a statement that goes something like this:

“Universe, I surrender all of this to you now. I let go and let You handle all of the details here and in all areas of my life. Thank you for taking care of all of this now.”

As I learned in my “30 Days to Greater Freedom” experiment, whenever I surrender the details to the Universe in this way:
  • Everything seems to flow more smoothly;
  • Everything gets taken care of in the best way possible (often in ways that I never dreamed of or imagined);
  • Stress is eliminated;
  • Greater peace of mind is experienced;
  • Miracles and amazing possibilities can happen.


The Key to Manifesting Your Desires


Discovering this “missing piece” of allowing the Universe to deliver all of your good to you, I believe, is really the key to manifesting all of your desires and creating your reality in the easiest, quickest, and most efficient way possible.


As Abraham-Hicks explains:
“Three things: You ask; the Universe gives; you let in. That's all there is to it. And if you're not living it, it's not because you're not asking. You are. And it's not because the Universe is not yielding. It is. It's because you are not in the receiving mode.”

Surrendering all that you are asking for to the Universe automatically puts you into the receiving mode.


Who knew that the manifestation of our desires could really be so simple?