We Really Do Create Our Own Reality

by Raymond David Salas

ZenChill Power Shot:
We Really Do Create Our Own Reality


A few months ago, I was working on a classic 60’s and 70’s music mix for my parents. Everything was coming together nicely, when I decided to add a Beatles song to the mix because I know that my Mom loves The Beatles.

I checked on Amazon.com and didn’t see any mp3s by The Beatles there. “How weird,” I thought. Next, I checked iTunes. Same thing. Nothing. WT....?

Oh well, I didn’t know what else to do so I let the whole idea go. I ended up completing my parents’ classic rock mix sans any of The Beatles music.

A few weeks later, while I was working on a different eclectic music mix, I mused to myself “Wouldn’t it be great to be able to find and buy mp3s of The Beatles music...somewhere?” I did a quick check of some other online music retailers. Still, no mp3s or digital downloads of The Beatles.

Over the next few months, as I worked on other music mixes (yes, I do make a lot of music mixes), the idea popped in my head again. I wondered why The Beatles music could not be found anywhere to purchase and download (legally) onto my iPod .

Eventually, I forgot about the whole thing and just let it go...again!

In mid-November, I heard that Apple and iTunes were going to make some big announcement that would be "a day we'll never forget." There was a lot of speculation about what it could be. The next day, on November 16th, we got the big news: Apple announced that the entire catalog of The Beatles was now available for purchase and download on iTunes. Finally!

Then, I smiled and laughed to myself as I realized: Wow! We really do create our own reality.”