How to Raise Your Vibes


Written by Raymond Salas

My friend Kammie at "Passion Meets Purpose" asked me to share five tips that I use to raise my vibes. This “challenge” was started by Cardin Routh of the "OptimistLab."

How to Raise Your Vibes


Here are some of the things I do to raise my vibes:
  • Listen to music I enjoy.
I love music. I am passionate about music. As a busy nightclub DJ for several years, I had the privilege of witnessing firsthand how good music can really raise our vibes. As your DJ for the evening, I saw it as my duty to raise your vibes to a feverish pitch and make sure that you were having a good time no matter what. I loved the energy and high that I felt from all of the good vibes coming from the dance floor every night. To me, there is almost nothing better than a feel good music mix to raise your vibes and put you into that pleasure zone.

  • Spend more time playing.
Sometimes I forget the words of Sai Baba: “Life is a game, play it! Life is Love, enjoy it!”

Whenever I feel like I have gotten too serious or I’m thinking too much or my energy feels “heavy,” it’s time to play. I am fortunate that I have nieces and nephews who are each great at helping me to remember to play. For example, this past weekend, I had the opportunity to play ring toss with my oldest nephew, croquet with my nieces (and I got beaten too!), and teach funny noises to my youngest nephew (I’m sure his parents love me for this). Spending time like this with children definitely raises my vibes because they still remember what life is really about: joy, having fun, laughing, being present in the moment, and feeling good.

  • Spend more time outdoors.
Whenever I start to feel the low energy doldrums, I go outdoors because this will always raise my vibes. I go for a walk, go watch the sun setting over the ocean, go for a hike, or play some basketball with friends, anything that will get me outdoors.

  • Breathe consciously.
I also raise my vibes by remembering to breathe consciously several times throughout the day (in addition to my daily meditation). Whenever I simply take 3-4 slow, deep breaths, while mentally saying “relax and breathe,” it always seems to clear my head, raise my vibes, and release any stress and resistance that I may be carrying. I like to think of it as the emptying of my “mental waste basket." (You know which one I’m talking about, right?) Breathe in love and gratitude. Breathe out all that is not love and gratitude.

  • Laugh more often.
Next to listening to good music, I love raising my vibes by laughing as often as possible. Laughter not only feels sooooo good, but also it has been proven to be a catalyst for healing and releasing stress. Some of my favorite daily sources for laughter include watching funny videos and movies, hanging out with funny people, and reading writers with a great sense of humor. 

So, let’s see…raising your vibes by listening to music you enjoy…playing more…being outdoors…breathing…and laughing. What could be easier or better than this?


Now everyone raise up and give me a “high vibe”!