How to Reach Your Potential


If you plant a tomato seed, we all know that a tomato plant will grow (under the right conditions).


Likewise, if you plant an acorn, an oak tree will eventually grow (under the right conditions).


Now, what if I told you that you are also a unique type of “seed” planted in this infinite field of the Universe?



What Type of “Seed” Are You?


I know there have been times when I have felt more like a weed growing wildly without direction than any unique type of “seed.” Can you relate to any of this?


Or other times, I have felt like that lone dandelion breaking through the crack in the cement thinking “How am I ever going to be free of all of this sh…‘cement’…on top of me now in my life?”


However, just like the dandelion growing in the cement, we are each a one-of-a-kind seed designed and created to only express our highest potential and true nature. In fact, I believe that we are each what I call “feel good” seeds that thrive and blossom whenever we are focusing on and expressing whatever feels good to us.



How to Reach Your Potential


As such, you may be wondering now “How do I reach my potential as this ‘feel good’ seed that Raymond is talking about? (or maybe, he’s been smokin’ some ‘feel good seeds.’)


My answer is simple, yet powerful: “Do what you love.”


As I wrote in “The Secrets of My Success”:

“Only you, in all of the world or its history, love the exact combination of all of the things you enjoy. You are here to share this perspective of joy, this point of view, with the world. This is your purpose here: to add joy. This is the greatest gift, offering, and service you can make to the world.”



Tools to Reach Your Potential


Here are tools that I have found helpful for reaching for my potential as a “feel good” seed:

  • Focus on what you love and enjoy.
I know that most of you may have heard this suggestion before, especially in The Secret and Law of Attraction circles. “Focus on what you love and enjoy.” Sounds simple, right? 


Yet, I ask you “Do you spend most of your time now focusing on what you love and enjoy?” If you not, stop and shift your focus to what you do because when you are focused on what you love and enjoy, you are also aligned with your highest and greatest potential possible.

  • Be happy.
I have previously discussed the power of choosing to be happy.


We are each literally coded for happiness.


As A Course In Miracles reminds us:

“God's Will for you is perfect happiness because there is no (error), and suffering is causeless. Joy is just, and pain is but the sign you have misunderstood yourself.”

Abraham-Hicks agrees:

“You are joy, looking for a way to express. It’s not just that your purpose is joy; it is that you are joy. You are love and joy and freedom and clarity expressing. Energy—frolicking and eager—that’s who you are.”

How cool is that?

  • Let the Universe manage everything.
You heard me correctly: “Let the Universe manage everything.” A seed doesn’t need to write down its desires, visualize, or create a dream board to realize its true potential. It is already coded for it in its DNA. The same is true for you and me.


So, what am I saying here? Is writing down desires, visualizing, and dream boards a complete “waste of time” and pointless?


No, I am not saying that. In fact, these processes can all be very effective and powerful tools for aligning ourselves with the path of our greatest potential.


However, are they an absolute requirement for reaching our potential in life?


No. Only joy is.


So, let go and let the Universe manage all of the details of your life. Just like the rest of nature does.

  • Don’t compare yourself with others.
Since we are each a unique combination of loves, passions, and joys, what is the benefit of comparing ourselves with others?


There is none.


In our previous example, the tomato plant doesn’t worry that it is better or less than the oak tree. 


It is just different. Each has its own purpose and potential. Most of us accept that each has its own unique gifts to offer the world. Again, the same is true for you and me.


“You just have to be who you are. The best you can do is to be certain that you are connected to your Source Energy, and let everybody else figure it out for themselves. Choose what feels good to you and leave everybody else to choose what they want.” - Abraham-Hicks



The Key to Reaching Your Potential


So, what is the key to reaching your potential? Where do you start?


In the words of Mary Engelbreit: 


"Bloom where you are planted."